Adding a Printer on Windows
STEPS on Windows 10:
- From the “Start” button -> type “features” in the search box. Open the Programs and Features control panel.
There is a need to turn Features on or off. An admin account is required.
- Under “Print and Document Services” choose “LPD Printer Service” and hit OK. Restart computer if needed.
- From the “Start” button -> Choose Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Choose “Add a printer”
- From the wizard that opens choose “Local Printer”. Then choose “create a port”.
- Choose LPR port from the pulldown menu.
- On the following page, fill in these fields : server=”psyprint.psy.uconn.edu”, printer=”printer190c”
- This should build the printer.
- Then install the printer driver. Manufacturer=HP, Printer = “HP Laserjet Enterprise 600 m601 m602 m603
- If the printer definition listed above does not appear in the window, then you must download the drivers.
- HP printer drivers can be added by running this application directly from HP. https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL40675/lj-98928-x/CLJ_M600_sw_win_driver-installer_17343.exe
- If don’t see your printer listed, select Add, and in the Welcome to the Add Printer Driver Wizard, select Next.
- In the Processor Selection dialog box, select your device’s architecture, and then select Next.
- In the Printer Driver Selection dialog box, on the left, select your printer manufacturer, on the right, select your printer driver, select Next, select Finish, and follow the instructions to add your driver.
- Also turn duplex=on, and tray 3=500 page sheet option.
- Print a test page to ensure it works.